Guide On Education
Who We Are
After reviewing patterns in veteran programming, resources, and the disconnect of communications among all levels of agencies, GuideOn’s founder Ashley Gorbulja-Maldonado found herself in a position to make a difference. After years of servicing veterans in higher education, within the community, and connecting businesses to the veteran community a pattern emerged. One of inconsistent information, poor transition guidance, missed opportunities, or duplication in efforts to serve this unique community.
It was there on that park bench on a napkin GuideOn wrote their pillars of services and decided to be the change it wanted to see.
GuideOn is a women and service-dis“abled” veteran owned small business that operates in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
Meet The Founder
Ashley M. Gorbulja-Maldonado
CEO & Founder
Ashley Gorbulja-Maldonado is a leading voice in supporting America’s military-connected community.
Ashley is driven, passionate, and strategic visionary that has experienced increasing organizational responsibility in the federal, higher education, and nonprofit sectors. She has dedicated her career towards improving the outcomes of non-traditional students in higher education, building nationally recognized programs and brands, and improving federal and state policies.
- Northeast Ohio Medical University
- Master’s in Public Health
- The University of Akron
- Bachelor of Science in Education
- Bachelor of Organization & Supervision
Activities & Affiliations
- The American Legion
- The Washington Center Alumni
- Student Veterans of America Mentor & Alumni
- Ohio Women Veterans Foundation
- Brave Women Served
- Women In Military Service For America Memorial
- Association for Military Spouse Entrepreneurs
- Federal Communications Network
- Veterans Benefit Administration
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of $36k in Scholarships
- 2019 Finalist for Sisters in Service Awards
- 2019 Third Overall Best Social Media Influencer: Military and Veteran Community Choice Awards
- 2019 Ms. Veteran American Top 10 Finalist
- 2018 TWC Veteran Employment Trajectory $14k Scholarship/Internship