Guide On Education
Who We Are
on a park bench in Lafayette Square in our Nation’s Capital, the idea of GuideOn was founded.
After reviewing patterns in veteran programming, resources, and the disconnect of communications among all levels of agencies, GuideOn’s founder Ashley Gorbulja-Maldonado found herself in a position to make a difference. After years of servicing veterans in higher education, within the community, and connecting businesses to the veteran community a pattern emerged. One of inconsistent information, poor transition guidance, missed opportunities, or duplication in efforts to serve this unique community.
It was there on that park bench on a napkin GuideOn wrote their pillars of services and decided to be the change it wanted to see.
GuideOn is a women and service-dis“abled” veteran owned small business that operates in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
Meet The Founder
Ashley M. Gorbulja-Maldonado
CEO & Founder
Ashley Gorbulja-Maldonado is a consummating professional and a leading voice in supporting America’s military-connected community.
Ashley is driven, passionate, and strategic visionary that has experienced increasing organizational responsibility in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors. She has dedicated her career towards building nationally recognized programs, brands, and communities through strategic communications and marketing. She is focused on improving the outcomes of non-traditional students in higher education, empowering call-to-action storytelling to demystify military-civilian divide, and improving local, state, and federal policies.
- University of San Francisco: Master’s in Public Leadership (in-progress est. 2022)
- Northeast Ohio Medical University: Master’s in Public Health
- The University of Akron: Bachelor of Science in Education & Bachelor of Organization & Supervision
Activities & Affiliations
- The American Legion
- The Washington Center Alumni
- Student Veterans of America Mentor & Alumni
- Ohio Women Veterans Foundation
- Military Women’s Memorial
- Association for Military Spouse Entrepreneurs
- Federal Communications Network
- Veterans Benefit Administration
- Veterans Health Administration
- American Marketing Association
- Veterans Education Project
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of $63k in Scholarships
- 2019 Finalist for Sisters in Service Awards
- 2019 Third Overall Best Social Media Influencer: Military and Veteran Community Choice Awards
- 2019 Ms. Veteran American Top 10 Finalist
- 2018 TWC Veteran Employment Trajectory $14k Scholarship/Internship